Well, Hello

Oh I am still around you guys! Thank you for being patient {not that you were waiting to hear from me}, but it matters to me that you all know the reason I haven't posted since this post. There are several reasons I was away all week. First, I worked really really hard on getting better; if you didn't read this post, you can catch up on that. But I was dehydrated and my electrolytes were messed up, particularly low potassium and I felt like junk. I honestly didn't start feeling better until Monday, and I was treated with the fluids last Wednesday! I was really sick for over a week, it's an awful awful feeling. I am relieved I am finally feeling better.

Also, my Bobo, Nells has been sick.


It has been two weeks and we still don't know exactly what's wrong. Up until Sunday, he was able to walk and get around and be just fine, except for hiding under the bed a lot. But after Sunday, he declined. We have brought him to the Vet 3 times. X-rays show the start of Arthritis, but they think he also pulled a muscle or he could possibly have a slipped disc. That would require a CT Scan to find out for sure, and we aren't going to do that right now. So we are treating with steroids for now, because he can't walk, and he falls down when he tries, it's so sad! He just lays and lays around you guys and I am so sad by this! He is not the Nells I know and love. He is also on some pain meds and then we'll get some supplements for the Arthritis.


Also, right after Mother's Day, I headed out into solitude. I went to a Hermitage, about 2 hours north of the cities and was there for 2 nights. I was really feeling it in my bones to just get away.  I really needed that time because my heart was heavy in many ways. It's never easy easing into solitude, but my time there was really precious and plentiful.


When I arrived, I was greeted with a basket of fresh bread, cheese, and fruits. They also asked if they could pray anything for me specifically.


This is the outside of my Hermitage.



This was at the end of the prairie, a beautiful lake. There were two boardwalks. I visited both of them.


Lupin was growing already! So beautiful.


I adored the mossy green paths.


When I'd get back from my walks, I would find this cute bag of replenished goodies inside.


View from my screened in porch.


I appreciated seeing sweet little things like flowers along the dock, and dragonflies on lily pads.


View from the main room. Trees and trees and trees, endless boundless woods! I saw a Deer the first evening! We had the option every night to either eat with the staff and other hermits or not. I joined them all one night.





 My walking path, pretty ain't it?


It was a cherished time of prayer, silence, writing and reading.

And now for Mother's Day!


Perfect way to start the day, a lovely donut!!!



And my two favorite kids!



After a BBQ at my sisters to see my Mom, we headed to a thrift store, and looked for books!



I so wanted this and thought I might need it but passed it up:(



Fun vintage books!



Then headed to Hudson WI for a river walk and a drink. Such a beautiful day!




Felt good to get my feet wet.


 Weary eyes and weary feet didn't stop me from getting....
Iced caramel latte with whip please!



So that about sums it up guys; Mother's Day was a sweet day with a homemade card from Kevin and Madelynn and seeing my family. I like Mother's Day because I pretty much get to do whatever I want! And that is a treat and I am so grateful.
Guess what?! Tomorrow {Saturday} is PROM!So I will be excited to post pics from the day, stay tuned. Madelynn is wearing a beautiful Cinderella type dress, and it's going to be gorgeous!

Thanks for caring about my little blog and me, you guys mean so much to me, and forgive me for not responding yet to your priceless comments that you left on my last post, {I am still planning on getting back to you}. Oh I so thank you for them from the bottom of my heart.

Comments

Elisha said…
I will be praying for you and your lil' doggie. <3 get better both of you!! until you feel completely well.. just email me if you want... and keep on looking like your gorgeous gorgeous self!! I ADORE all your pictures!! <33

x.
Julie Marie said…
love you girlie =) so glad you got to get away. were you completely alone? i would love that one day.
I'm so sorry to hear about Nells. My heart hurts for you. I've never heard of a local hermitage like that, then again I've never sought one out before. Sounds very rejuvenating.
Desiree said…
i will certainly be praying for you and your pup! what amazing pictures of your Hermitage! I wonder if we have something like that around here? I'm sure it would be quite beneficial to me.

no no, I am not pregnant - the emotionally messed up part.. the looking for love in all the wrong places. i'm lucky in that i'm discovering my new relationship with God on a daily basis and its amazing!

love you always. <3
Another beautiful post Gina...I love your blog....thanks for sharing you!
Jean said…
awww. hope nells is ok.

what a nice get away & yes, lovely trail.
erika said…
Getting away for two days of solitude sounds divine. :)

I hope things get better for puppy!
I hope you are able to figure out what is going on with your puppy dog!

The hermitage looks absolutely beautiful and restful.
Unknown said…
What a wonderful place to get away and seek beautiful. Of which, your mother's day looks like it was so special as well. Please know we will keep your dog in our thoughts and prayers. Our dogs are our family and we can see that same love for your family as well.

Sending see beautiful thoughts your way!
Krista said…
The silence, solitude, and nature that you've shown here Gina are calling out to me! It looks like total replenishment for your soul. So pretty.

Toes in the sand is the best feeling :)

Will pray for you and your doggie!
Liza said…
Your mother's day looks like it was wonderful. Yay for donuts!

Poor Nells. I will be praying for him.
Unknown said…
well, now your dog is on the road to recover. :)

these are heartwarming photos, gina.

Popular Posts