You'd Be Surprised. . .

to learn these things about me:

~i lived in san jose for the first 7 years of my life, then moved to minnesota
~i grew up in the city, in a really small house, for a family of 5
~i grew up in an alcoholic family with codependency in our blood
~i had mono when i was 4, and it could have killed me
~Nells is my first dog!
~i prefer Coke over Pepsi any day
~i don't like onions, mushrooms, or olives
~my brother, who is now 41 is a heart transplant survivor, (he got his new heart in 2003)
~two boys set my hair on fire when i was in the 4th grade
~i stopped shopping at thrift stores for a long period b/c i was made fun of
~most days i don't get out of bed until 10am or 11am
~my favorite pair of underwear are $15 (they feel the best around my tummy after so many surgeries!)
~i get stressed out when more than one person is talking to me at a time
~i like vintage pick-up trucks
~i like to drink carbonated water with lime, i love limes!
~i use to be in modeling
~i don't have a college degree
~i would love to be a Foster parent
~i like the smell of my dogs paws
~i love period pieces (as in movies)
~i dislike wooden spoons, like the ones that come with malt cups (ewww)
~i am terrified, terrified of spiders and have passed this on to my daughter
~i like to sit at the dinner table for 10 minutes after kevin and madelynn have gotten up
~i'm terrible at doing laundry
~i'm really good at boggle

well well this list could go on and on! maybe i can do another one sometime, 
comment back and tell me what would surprise me about you.
i captured this shot on New Year's Eve; we had the most beautiful snow fall, at just the right time.

Comments

Elisha said…
wellllll... If you follow my blog I'll be doing a post about that in a bit!(;

yours were very interesting!!
The French Bird said…
When I get somewhat anxious, I can eat like 5 different things ranging from pizza, fruit, cookies to a tomato, popcorn, coffee, leftovers and juice within 5 mins... Not exaggerating! ... I know, gross.. but oh well! lol!! I probably grossed u out more than suprised ya..

I'm Pame and this is my first time in your blog. New follower here :)
xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
Love this! What a great idea. I think its important that we take the time to fill in our readers on who we really are and what has shaped us into the individuals that we are now.

I've had 13 teeth removed in my life, one being the one wisdom tooth I had. Crazy huh! Don't worry though, I've got all my permanent teeth haha. I'm not entirely toothless.
fiddlehead said…
hi gina....this is fun. I loved learning new things about you. Being such the interesting and lovely person you are! I am trying to think of something that you might not know about me that will surprise you...

-this is what is coming to mind- I was "held back" in 2nd grade. We moved to WBL that year and so my parents kept me in 2nd grade. I am told I was young for my grade, but I never truly understoon why and always felt ashamed of this. Now I see it was a good decision for me in the end, I needed the social and emotional growth and more help to become a stronger student.
Lots more to share...I may have to do a post just like yours!
Hugs!
paislea said…
how fun! i love reading little things about other people! it's kind of my guilty pleasure!!

allister bee blog
Emily Rose said…
I never knew some of these things about you! Something about me is I love the feel of rubbery, or squishy objects. Like....I can't even think of something at the moment, but that's always been my "thing".:P
SymbioticLife said…
~I was born in Louisiana, lived there till I was 7 and then moved to Texas.
~Anyone who knows my family history looks at me and asks, "How are you even slightly normal?" My answer? "Therapy. Years and years of therapy."
~I can't drink soda.
~Most mornings I don't want to get out of bed till 10 or 11 but most of the time, I'm not successful.
~I have an insane fear of failure to the point that I get anxiety attacks when given the opportunity to soar.
~I'm terrified of spiders and have passed that on to all 4 of my kids.
~I have learned to try and live every day to it's fullest to the best of my ability because it may just well be my last.
~I loved reading your list and find it SHOCKING that you would think it would surprise anyone on this planet that you were in the modeling industry.
... said…
Wow. I just learned so much about you! :) I hate those wooden spoons too...it feels so sick! You should post your old modeling photos! Wow...a heart transplant survivor...that is so awesome! God is so amazing! :)
Natalie said…
You don't like onions or olives?! For shame! ;) But... I guess I'll forgive you since you like period pieces.
Stela said…
I can totally relate to a lot of these!
And I want to cuddle your dog!!
I love the smell of dog paws, too! These are great. Thanks for sharing. GREAT post idea. :)

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Spiders are my biggest fear, eeek!
Unknown said…
I drink carbonated water too. :)

& Life is too short for uncomfy undies!
erika said…
This was great!! :)
Natalie Naomi said…
what a lovely idea... and a good follow up question.

About me: For the first two years of wearing contacts I only wore them in one eye. One eye was perfect, the other needed some help. I guess I got a good 50% off deal. :)
One of yours reminded me of mine :)

My siblings and I are all adopted. My two oldest siblings were adopted through foster care and I was dropped off at the house by someone who was having a rough time when I was a baby. Five years later my parents got to adopt me.
I love your blog. That is a great picture you took on New Year's Eve!
Sarah B. said…
I love lists of random facts about people that otherwise no one would know. Reading this list makes me feel like I just learned a little bit more about you. :)

I also get stressed out when more than one person talks to me at a time. I can only really pay attention to one at once, so I feel like I'm being rude to the other person who didn't receive priority attention. *sigh*

Popular Posts