Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vintage Books

One of the reasons I love thrift stores is
because
of 
books.
I collected books for a while; old dusty books that I'd never
read
but that I just fell in love with for some 
reason or another.
I still have most of them.
I found this book maybe 11 years ago
(it's dated 1970), 
and I still love it.
Jean Vanier worked with mentally and physically handicapped, 
which is interesting, because my favorite writer, Henri Nouwen did too.
This book is a collection of poetry, musings and thoughts of Jean.
I think this poem has spoken to the deepest parts
of
me like almost nothing else. 
I feel like this piece is me.

I need to talk
and walk
with another.

I need to express myself
say things. . . .

this is a movement of life
life that is in me
and needs to flow out. . . 

i must speak. . .and dance
sharing things I love and hate
my hopes, my joys, my fears, my griefs. . .
giving myself
giving my life
giving life

Can you relate?
Stay tuned for other goodies from time to time from this puppy.



7 comments:

Brandy Jane Mabel said...

So great!
Looking forward to hearing more!

Angel said...

That is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing such lovely words!

Erin said...

Lovely.

I am a total lover of real books! I am anti kindles! :)

hannah singer said...

i relate.
such stirring words, oh i love it!!
books are wonderful.
vintage books are glorious.

xo

Sarah B. said...

Such a great poem. I can totally relate!

Ashley @ Luce said...

i LOVE older books too, i think they are beautiful. i would love to stumble across someones old journal or art sketchbook from another century...how cool would that be? beautiful poem.

amy o said...

the title alone is a dream come true.